60 Second Innovation – Video Contest
Given the unprecedented times, innovation to solve common and important problems around us has become much more important than ever. The IEEE Day 2021 team brings you an amazing opportunity to come up with an innovative solution to a real-world problem. If you think your solution is really innovative and helps bring a change then send us a video submission that covers the following in 60 seconds (or less):
- Address a real-world problem and present a viable and implementable concept and/or solution.
- Should talk about how the proposed solution will change the world.
- Should come with a 100-word writeup that:
- Explains the problem
- Talks about solution
- Talks about the impact of the proposed solution and how it will change the world.
In order to participate in the IEEE Day 2021 – 60 seconds Innovation Contest, you need to follow the following steps:
Please note that it is not necessary for 60-second innovation contest submissions to be linked to an IEEE Day event. So you can skip steps 1 through 4. However, it is very important for the submission to be latest and any older videos will not be accepted.
1. Visit the IEEE Day Website and hover over the ‘Events‘ in the menu bar. [Optional]
2. Under the ‘Events’ tab, click on ‘Submit your Event‘. You will be asked to log in via your IEEE email account. [Optional]
3. After successful login, you will be able to view the Event Submission Form for submitting your virtual event. [Optional]
4. Once you submit the event, it will start appearing on the ‘Event Map Page‘ after necessary moderation. Please make sure you note down the exact name of your event because you’ll be needing it for contest submission. [Optional]
5. After successfully submitting your event, please visit the ‘Contest Platform‘ to submit your video entry. In the top menu on the contest platform, you will be able to see ‘Enter‘ as soon as the contest goes live.
6. Click ‘Enter‘ and upload your video entry after choosing the relevant category. Please make sure you provide the exact corresponding event name, that you submitted on the IEEE Day website.
7. Spread the word and wait for the voting to open.
The detailed video contest rules are as follows: