Speaker: Dr Makarand Tapaswi
Topic: AI for Societal Applications
No of Participants: 92
Some key topics covered as a part of this talk are as follows:
- Various areas of research that are being conducted at Wadhwani AI.
- Targeted projects on the detection of neonatal fatality rates using Convolutional Neural Networks interfaced into an easy end-user application for the general public.
- Further discussed applications of AI in farming and crop disease detection.
- Spoke about the literacy and language proficiency research using real-time voice conversion and analysis techniques being conducted at Wadhwani AI for the rural middle school children.
- Live demos of the tools and website of Wadhwani AI, including the above-mentioned projects.
- Motivated students to pursue projects with real-world applications that can benefit the society.